2023 — 2024
Call for LINA Members
Deadline: 29 August 2023
The European architecture platform LINA invites museums, galleries, festival organisers, academic institutions, media organisations, and other cultural operators with innovative approaches to spatial practices to become part of the network and contribute to its 2024–2025 LINA Architecture Programme.
Who we are
LINA is a network connecting relevant institutions with emerging practitioners and thinkers who work at the intersection of architecture and other fields related to spatial culture: it aims to promote up-and-coming talent. LINA’s goal is to steer design and building processes towards regenerative practices and principles of de-growth in line with the values of the European Green Deal.Learn more about us
What we do
A growing alliance of European and Mediterranean organisations—LINA members—carries out a series of events taking place all over Europe. The LINA Architecture Programme is supported by the European Union within the eligible countries of the Creative Europe Programme.
LINA members offer the chance for LINA fellows to become part of their programme, feature their work through lectures, workshops, mentorships, or other collaborative formats, and help their ideas reach further and gain an international audience.Get to know the LINA members
What we're looking for
We're interested in learning about proposals for exceptional activities and events that will help form the core of the 2024–2025 LINA Architecture Programme and will include LINA fellows to promote them and help them develop their practices.
We're looking for activities to complement and expand on our existing programme, allowing for new enriching experiences for LINA fellows.Activities of the 2023–2024 LINA Architecture Programme
What we offer
Becoming part of the platform offers an opportunity to connect with prominent organisations and practitioners in Europe.
The selected applicant will be invited to become a full member of the LINA platform and will receive a grant of 15,000 EUR (gross) per 1 year to support their activities. The selected applicant will need to ensure a 20 % contribution of co-funding to carry out the activity with LINA fellows within the 2024–2025 LINA Architecture Programme, which will take place from 1 June 2024 to 31 May 2025.
Aside from the opportunity of becoming full members of the LINA platform, selected applicants may be invited to form Media Partnership collaborations.
Terms & Conditions
This Call for Members is open to legal entities. It is intended for cultural organisations and institutions that operate in the realm of spatial practices.
When submitting their application, applicants must be in a position to demonstrate their status as legal entities for at least the previous 2 years from the date of submission.
To qualify as a LINA member, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- are established as companies, associations, or organisations active in the cultural and creative sector,
- are key players in the field of architecture in their local environment and/or internationally,
- act as one of the main sources of information or producers of content related to architecture in their residing country and/or internationally,
- demonstrate a commitment to steer design and building processes towards regenerative practices and principles of de-growth,
- have skills to create outstanding and well-visited events,
- demonstrate innovative approaches in presenting urban issues, architecture, and design,
- contribute to the Europe-wide communication of ideas, information, and values,
- stimulate creativity and create alternatives to the established models of operation,
- have recent experience in working with emerging practitioners and thinkers in architecture.
Bosnia and Herzegovina
A grant will be awarded to proposals that will follow the vision and mission of the LINA platform and will contribute to the overall objectives of the platform.
The applicant should include a minimum of 3 LINA fellows into the activities of the organisation over a period of 1 year.
The applicant should guarantee a minimum 20% of their own financial support in the overall budget of the activity.
The coordinating entity will assess the applications on these evaluation criteria, specifically and in this sequence:
- the extent of relevance and quality of the activity that will become part of the 2024–2025 LINA Architecture Programme
- the added value brought to the LINA platform by the applicant (reach, diversity, specific expertise)
- the extent of possible secondary benefits
For the LINA platform, geographical dispersion is also an important criteria. Applicants from countries not yet included in the platform will be treated as a priority. Nevertheless, the quality of the proposed activities is the key basis for selecting a new member.
The Governing Board of the LINA platform will decide on the recipient of the grant and inform applicants of their decision until 15 September 2023.
All applicants are kindly invited to participate at the 2023 LINA Conference at the Royal Danish Academy in Copenhagen, 9–10 October 2023, where we will announce the results and present the new member. More: 2023 LINA Conference • LINA
Where to applyGoogle Form application