Terms & Conditions
The LINA platform fosters mobility and development of international creative professionals in the field of city planning and architecture: architects, urban planners, landscape architects, designers, artists, curators, and other transdisciplinary practitioners and researchers dealing with spatial, territorial, climate, and socio-political challenges. As eligible emerging artists, the LINA platform will consider all those who:
- have created independent work(s) produced outside an undergrad or postgrad course/academic institution related to architecture or city development in the last 2 years
- have not yet internationally presented or published their independent work(s)
- have not yet attained recognition by having a body of critically recognised work at major and established institutions or publishers
The applicant may be an individual or a collective.
LINA is co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union. Eligible applicants for the LINA programme are applicants who can demonstrate - at the time of application and throughout their participation in the programme - nationality or legal residency status in participating countries of the Creative Europe Programme with a valid passport, identity card or residency confirmation, issued by a legal entity in one of the eligible countries. This residency status will be verified when signing collaboration agreements. Failure to provide proof of legal residency status will result in disqualification from the programme.
List of eligible countries
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Republic of Cyprus
Republic of Serbia
Please read carefully before applying.
The open call starts at 9:00 a.m. CET on 20 May 2023, all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CET on 1 August 2023. Selected applicants will be notified by 31 August 2023. Open call results will be published by 15 September 2023.
You are permitted 1 entry only (as an individual or as a collective).
The LINA platform reserves the right to review (or allow others to review on our behalf) your entry for its appropriateness on the grounds of compliance with the terms and conditions. We reserve the right, without notice, to eliminate any entry we consider ineligible.
Declarations on rights ownership
You are entirely responsible for the content of your entry, which we may publish on the LINA website. Accordingly, you declare that:
- You are the sole author of your entry and that its submission will not infringe the rights of others;
- Your entry is your original work and is not copied wholly or substantially from any other work or material;
- Your submission is your original work. You own the copyright in the text and other materials used and you own the right to exploit such material and to transmit it to third parties for redistribution and reproduction.
- Your entry must not be in any form defamatory, obscene, or unlawful.
- You have obtained the express consent of any person that may be visually identifiable in your entry.
- You agree that LINA members may use your entry material in any way (including copying, displaying, publishing, promoting), in any medium and without compensation, but solely for the purposes of reviewing, judging, and promoting your work and the work of the LINA Platform, with full attribution to you.
These rules shall be governed by Slovenian law, and Slovenian courts will have jurisdiction in the case of any dispute.
For the purposes of the international competition organised by the LINA platform, the Faculty of Architecture of the University of Ljubljana collects and processes your personal data, namely:
- first name and surname;
- date of birth;
- email address;
- phone number;
- country of origin;
- legal document information: type, number, issuing country
Your personal data will be processed and retained in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your consent allowing the organiser to collect, process and retain personal data will serve as the basis for the data processing.
By clicking the checkbox “Consent to Personal Data Processing”, which is an integral part of the competition application, participants express their consent to the transmission, collection, processing, and retention of their personal data.
Your personal data will be retained until you have withdrawn your consent or until the purpose for which your personal data was collected has expired. The organiser will destroy your personal data once the purpose for which the personal data has been collected is fulfilled.
Please note that you may withdraw your Consent at any time by sending your withdrawal request to the following address: Univerza v Ljubljani, Fakulteta za arhitekturo, Zoisova 12, 1000 Ljubljana, or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving your request for withdrawal, the Faculty of Architecture will immediately discontinue any collection and processing of your personal data and will erase from its records all your personal data obtained for the purposes of the competition on the LINA platform. Likewise, applicants can revoke permission for the use of photos at any time by emailing email@example.com. Revoking consent equals the withdrawal of your application.
At any time, competition participants may request from the organiser access to - as well as a transcript, copy, supplement, rectification, blocking or erasure of - their personal data or discontinuation of processing of their personal data for said purpose. Participants also have the right to request restriction of processing of personal data from the organiser, as well as the right to data portability and the right to object to processing. Participants can send their request to the organiser's address at the Univerza v Ljubljani, Fakulteta za arhitekturo, Zoisova 12, 1000 Ljubljana, or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Finally, participants have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if they believe there has been an infringement in the processing of their personal data.
The competition organiser hereby informs you that it will not transmit the collected personal data to third parties, unless there exists a legal basis for such transmission. The organiser will record any transmission of personal data in the transmissions record and inform you thereof.
By selecting the checkbox “Consent to Personal Data Processing”, you give your consent to the processing of submitted personal data for the purposes of the international competition of the LINA platform, coordinated by the Faculty of Architecture of the University of Ljubljana, and to having your personal data published on the organiser's website, at www.lina.community.